Friday, July 20, 2012

You'll Never Leave Harlan Alive: A Photo Essay

 I have been a huge fan of the show Justified ever since the premiere of the pilot. I can empathize with Raylan Givens's feelings toward his home state of Kentucky, seeing as I'm also a lifelong resident. I was quite excited to hear that an exhibit of show props and memorabilia was coming to Harlan. My dad has never seen the show but wanted to go see what the exhibit was like. He took the day off work and we made the 2 1/2-hour drive to Harlan. Below are just a few of the pictures I took.



"In the deep, dark hills of Eastern Kentucky..."
"...That's the place where I trace my bloodline..."



Harlan during its heyday as a coal town

A Furby that met an untimely end during Season 2

Family portrait of villainess Mags Bennett


Poster autographed by Timothy Olyphant *swoon*

Harlan County's #1 bad boy: Boyd Crowder

TV's favorite U.S. Marshals: Art Mullens, Tim Gutterson, Rachel Brooks,
and, of course, the man himself--Raylan Givens

Rockin' my souvenir T-shirt

Dad and I also explored some of the other local landmarks.




1 comment:

  1. Glad you enjoyed the display... and thanks for being a fan of the show.

    Dave Blass

    ReplyDelete