Friday, May 1, 2015

Top 10 Quotes: "Backdraft"

Posting this list in honor of my best friend's birthday. Proud to have served with him on the same volunteer fire department and to have such a selfless friend.

1. Steven: You go, we go.

2. Ronald: The funny about firemen is...night and day, they're always firemen.

3. Steven: It's not like having a bad day sellin' log cabins. You have a bad day here and somebody dies.

4. Tim (in an elevator): How do we know if the floor is on fire in one of these?
Steven: When the doors open, if it's hot, don't get out.

5. Grindle (as Engine 17 pulls up to a fully involved building): Shake 'n bake, boys! I think we got ourselves a barbecue!

6. Axe: You know, when I learned that both McCaffrey would be assigned at the same station together at the same time, my heart was filled with...a sudden desire to transfer.

7. Shadow: So you punched out a window for ventilation. Was that before or after you noticed you were standing in a lake of gasoline? Was that BEFORE or AFTER you noticed you were standing in a lake of gasoline, YOU IDIOT?

8. Brian: Does this really have to be one of those big brother/little brother "you broke my GI Joe and I'm still pissed" games?

9. Shadow: I have a very uncomplicated job: to decide if a fire is arson and if so, to catch the son of a bitch doing it.  If my investigative methods happen to muck up the campaign of certain mayor wannabes, I gotta tell ya, I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it.

10. Axe (toasting Tim): Despite the fact that he was born with a rather dull expression and a really hideous pair of ears, he not only took on the beast, but pulled from its clutches, assisted by a more famous and brilliant firefighter, me....a kicking and screaming civilian who will probably wind up suing us for breaking her fingernails.

2 comments: