Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Top 10 Quotes: "Shaun of the Dead"

This year marks the 10th anniversary of the zombie horror/comedy starring the dynamic British duo Simon Pegg and Nick Frost.


  1. Shaun: As Mr. Sloan always says, "There is no 'I' in 'team,' but there is an 'I' in 'pie.' And there's an 'I' in 'meat pie.' Anagram of meat is team...." I don't know what he's talking about.
  2. Ed: Who died and made you fucking king of the zombies?
  3. Phillip: You've got red on you.
  4. Pete (explaining who mugged him): Some crackheads or something. One of them bit me.
    Ed: Why'd they bite you?
    Pete: I don't know! I didn't stop to ask!
  5. Shaun: If you get cornered, bash 'em in the head. That seems to work.
  6. Liz: You hang out with my friends? Sorry, a failed actress and a twat.
    Shaun: Well, that's a bit harsh.
    Liz: Your words!
    Shaun: I did not call Dianne a failed actress!
  7. Ed: You didn't tell me Barbara had a Jag. I've always wanted to drive one of those.
    Shaun: Yeah, well, it's Phillip's, okay? He won't let anybody near it. Honestly, I put half a Mars Bar in the glovebox once and he chased me around the garden with a bit of wood.
  8. Shaun: As Bertrand Russell once said, "The only thing that will redeem mankind is cooperation." I think we can all appreciate the relevance of that now.
    Liz: Was that on a beer mat?
  9. Pete (after Ed and Shaun wake him up by blasting music): It's fucking Sunday! I've got to go to fucking work in 4 fucking hours 'cause every other fucker in my fucking department is fucking ill! Now can you see why I'm so fucking angry?
  10. Ed (explaining why he thinks John the pub owner is in the Mafia): Think about it: gruff demeanor, handy with a blade, Bernie the trophy wife. He's connected. Why d'you think there's a rifle over the bar?
    Shaun: 'Cause the pub's called the Winchester.

No comments:

Post a Comment