1. Baby: Me? I'm scared of everything. I'm scared of what I saw, I'm scared of what I did, of who I am. But most of all, I'm scared of walking out of this room and never feeling for the rest of my whole life the way I feel when I'm with you.
2. Johnny: The steps aren't enough; feel the music.
3. Baby: We're supposed to do the show in two days. You still won't show me the lifts. I'm not sure of the turns. I'm doing all this to save your ass! What I really wanna do is drop you on it.
4. (Lisa is complaining about not bringing enough shoes on the trip)
Jake Houseman: This is not a tragedy. A tragedy is three men trapped in a mine or police dogs used in Birmingham.
5. Penny: Come on, ladies! God wouldn't have given you maracas if he didn't want ya to shake 'em!
6. Billy: (at the staff party) Can you imagine dancing like this on the main floor, home of the family foxtrot?
7. Baby: (opening voiceover) That was the summer of 1963, when everybody called me Baby and it didn't occur to me to mind. That was before President Kennedy was shot, before The Beatles came, when I couldn't wait to join the Peace Corps, and I thought I'd never find a guy as great as my dad. That was the summer we went to Kellerman's.
8. Robbie: I didn't blow a summer hauling toasted bagels to bail out some little chick who probably balled every guy in the place...Some people count, some people don't. (takes a copy of The Fountainhead out of his jacket) Read it. I think it's a book you'll enjoy. But make sure you return it; I have notes in the margin.
Baby: You make me sick. Stay away from me, stay away from my sister, or I'll have you fired.
9. Penny: Remember, he's the boss on the dance floor, if nowhere else.
10. Johnny: Nobody puts Baby in a corner.