- Shaun: As Mr. Sloan always says, "There is no 'I' in 'team,' but there is an 'I' in 'pie.' And there's an 'I' in 'meat pie.' Anagram of meat is team...." I don't know what he's talking about.
- Ed: Who died and made you fucking king of the zombies?
- Phillip: You've got red on you.
- Pete (explaining who mugged him): Some crackheads or something. One of them bit me.
Ed: Why'd they bite you?
Pete: I don't know! I didn't stop to ask!
- Shaun: If you get cornered, bash 'em in the head. That seems to work.
- Liz: You hang out with my friends? Sorry, a failed actress and a twat.
Shaun: Well, that's a bit harsh.
Liz: Your words!
Shaun: I did not call Dianne a failed actress!
- Ed: You didn't tell me Barbara had a Jag. I've always wanted to drive one of those.
Shaun: Yeah, well, it's Phillip's, okay? He won't let anybody near it. Honestly, I put half a Mars Bar in the glovebox once and he chased me around the garden with a bit of wood.
- Shaun: As Bertrand Russell once said, "The only thing that will redeem mankind is cooperation." I think we can all appreciate the relevance of that now.
Liz: Was that on a beer mat?
- Pete (after Ed and Shaun wake him up by blasting music): It's fucking Sunday! I've got to go to fucking work in 4 fucking hours 'cause every other fucker in my fucking department is fucking ill! Now can you see why I'm so fucking angry?
- Ed (explaining why he thinks John the pub owner is in the Mafia): Think about it: gruff demeanor, handy with a blade, Bernie the trophy wife. He's connected. Why d'you think there's a rifle over the bar?
Shaun: 'Cause the pub's called the Winchester.
Tuesday, October 14, 2014
This year marks the 10th anniversary of the zombie horror/comedy starring the dynamic British duo Simon Pegg and Nick Frost.